What you need to know?
A mobile app is a software application developed specifically for use on small, wireless computing devices, such as smart phones and tablets, rather than desktop or laptop computers.
E-Business simply means doing business electronically. In other words, E-Business enables you to conduct business anytime, anyplace, in any language or currency, through any distribution channel. Usually, this distribution channel is the Internet. E-Business Solutions is therefore an answer or solution to all businesses conducted electronically..
Although mobile apps are taking over the world it would still take good marketing skills to get your mobile app noticed amongst the vast majority that have already flooded the globe. A few tips on how to market mobile apps include :
1. Build a microsite: This is a one or two-pager which showcases your app to the web audience.
2. Build a teaser website: Do this a month or two before your launch to collect email addresses of people who would like to know when the app launches.
3. Start a blog: Attach it to your microsite. Write interesting content that will draw people to your website.
4. Share your content: Use Social Media (Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and LinkedIn) profiles to promote the app several times in a week.
5. Create a product video: Make it creative, funny, thought-provoking or personal. Tell the story, but in a way people can identify with.
6. Get press, tons of it: Entrepreneurs believe that press is the best way to kick start your startup, and the best way you can get it is to manually reach out to journalists."
7. Pitch to app review websites: Popular review sites can generate a lot of buzz for your app if they mention it.
8. Start a podcast: You can publish it onyour own website. Draw content from the niche your app caters to most.
9. Always be collecting emails : Gather potential customer emails through Facebook, Twitter or your website. An email list of people who have opted in is a powerful marketing tool.
10. Manually recruit customers : Know your audience and find them.
11. Get speaking opportunities: Research events that touch on the topic your app addresses and make an appearance. Start small and get recognized as an authority in the space.
12. Be obsessive about resolving negative reviews: Remember,a happy customer is a brand ambassador for your app.
Money can be made from mobile apps in two (2) ways:
a) In-app purchases
A Mobile App is downloaded either from an online store such as the Apple Store or Google Playstore. The application is then saved on a smartphone or tablet, and in most cases, does not require an internet connection in order to work. A Mobile Website is accessed through an internet browser, by typing in the website's URL in the navigation bar. This means that no download is needed. However an internet connection is required in order to gain access.
As mentioned above, Mobile Apps are programs that are saved to a mobile device’s (smartphones or tablets) storage and can be used offline. Mobile Apps must be designed and developed for the mobile operating system you wish it to operate on, whether that includes Apple’s iOS, the Android platform, or both. Mobile Websites however require a stable internet connection and browser in order to be accessed.
Mobile Apps therefore hold more value to mobile websites because they:
- provide real, innovative value to users by leveraging or maximizing the functionality of their mobile device
- make use of certain mobile device ccessories such as the camera, GPS location, audio recognition, bar/QR code scanner, and much more to provide hyper relevant and engaging content to users via a custom developed mobile application.
- do not always require an internet connection.
- allow users the convenience to make quick payments and keep track of their digital wallets.
Payments can be accepted online by setting up a merchant account. To accept credit cards, you need three things:
- a credit card merchant account,
- a bank account and a
- way to process payments.
A Day In Tech is a technology education seminar organized at the end of every month to educate, train and develop every Ghanaian about the value of I.T. One can participate by making it a point to be at our host venue (Origgin Head Office) every last Saturday of each month.